Choral Summer School
29 July – 5 August 2023 at St Catharine’s College
Our choral summer schools are singing holidays with a difference, a week-long immersion in Cambridge choral life, singing in a range of college chapels under different, world-class directors. We will sing beautiful Evensongs and tranquil Complines with a repertoire of exquisite music spanning chant, psalmody, Renaissance polyphony, masterpieces of the 20th century and choral music from living composers. And the holiday element of the singing holiday includes free time for punting, museum visits and a chance to sample the wines from a college cellar.
Step out of your college room and…
- Experience the iconic Cambridge college chapels, each with a different acoustic, organ and feel
- Sing Evensong and Compline under esteemed choral directors including Dr Edward Wickham (Director of Music: St Catharine’s College, The Clerks)
- Develop your voice with recorded 1-2-1 singing lessons covering different aspects of technique, which are yours to replay at your convenience
- Nurture your vocal health with daily sessions to develop and sustain your voice
- Dine in college halls and sample wines from their cellars
Dates: 29 July – 5 August 2023
Venue: St Catharine’s College
FEES: £1,995 (£1,495 non-residential)
The choral summer school course fee includes full board for 7 nights in a Cambridge college, all tuition including a one-to-one singing lesson, welcome drinks reception, music hire and other activities.
All rooms are en-suite, single occupancy.
A limited number of scholarships are available.
Applications: we will be seeking to create a balanced chamber choir. If you’re an experienced choral singer with good note-reading ability, this is the course for you! Applications should be supported by a statement of your singing experience.