Next course: 28 July – 4 August 2023
at St Catharine’s College, Cambridge
Our summer academy courses provide a week-long immersion in Cambridge choral life, singing in a range of college chapels under different, world-class directors. We will sing beautiful evensongs and tranquil complines with a repertoire of exquisite music spanning chant, psalmody, Renaissance polyphony, masterpieces of the 20th century and choral music from living composers. And when we are not singing, there will be opportunities for punting, museum visits and a chance to sample the wines from a college cellar.
Step out of your college room and…
- Experience the iconic Cambridge college chapels, each with a different acoustic, organ and feel
- Sing Evensong and Compline under esteemed choral directors including Dr Edward Wickham (Director of Music: St Catharine’s College, The Clerks)
- Develop your voice with recorded 1-2-1 singing lessons covering different aspects of technique, which are yours to replay at your convenience
- Nurture your vocal health with daily sessions to develop and sustain your voice
- Dine in college halls and sample wines from their cellars
Our first Academy course is scheduled for Summer 2022.
Dates: TO BE CONFIRMED – join our mailing list for updates
Venue: TO BE CONFIRMED
FEES: TO BE CONFIRMED
The course fee includes full board for 7 nights in a Cambridge college, all tuition including a one-to-one singing lesson, welcome reception, music hire and other activities.
All rooms are en-suite, single occupancy. A non-residential price is available on request.
A limited number of scholarships are available.
Application Process: we will be seeking to create a balanced chamber choir. Applicants should be experienced choral singers with good note-reading ability. Applications should be supported by a referee (e.g. your choral director or singing teacher), a recording and statement of experience.