31 Mar – 2 April 2023 at Corpus Christi College
“A wonderful weekend of learning and music making. It was unforgettable. I’ll definitely be recommending it to my fellow choir members”
Our Singing Retreats are weekend singing courses designed to immerse you in the rich choral life of Cambridge; with accommodation in one of the historic colleges, and opportunities to sing in college chapels under the direction of experienced Cambridge choir directors. Alongside the choral workshops, you’ll enjoy complementary cultural and educational talks, as well as meeting new friends who share a passion for singing.
Corpus Christi was founded in 1352, as an act of Christian piety and charity, for the pursuit of ‘education, research, learning and religion’. To this day, the College maintains a pattern of prayer, worship, and reflection. The is centred on the “new” College Chapel, completed in 1827. which now stands in the centre of New Court.
Each of our singing retreats includes full group and chamber choir sessions, coaching on vocal health and singing technique, historical and repertorial expertise; and services in college chapels.
Experience this extraordinary world from the inside:
- Ensuite accommodation in stunning Cambridge colleges (please bear in mind this is an academic setting rather than a hotel)
- Welcome drinks reception where you will have the opportunity to meet the other participants and the weekend tutors and staff
- Sing in iconic Cambridge college chapels, each with a different acoustic, feel and organ
- Evensong and Compline under leading Cambridge choral directors
- Vocal health sessions to develop and sustain your voice
- Saturday night formal dinner in the college hall with fine wines from the college cellar
- Complementary cultural and educational talks with academic specialists to give context and insights
- Time out to explore Cambridge
FEES: £695 full board, £495 non-residential
Student Scholars: we’re pleased to offer a Student Scholar rate for those aged 18-21 or in full time education @£375 (£250 non-resident).
Course fee includes full board for 2 nights, all tuition, welcome reception, music hire, 3-course formal dinner with private dining and other activities. All rooms are single occupancy and ensuite with tea and coffee making facilities.
“Really enjoyed the formal dinner, the food, wine and port were delicious! And, for someone who is usually extremely shy, I felt at ease very quickly and actually really loved meeting everybody on the course; tutors and fellow course attendees alike. It was a weekend I will never forget.”
We will be seeking to create a balanced chamber choir. Applicants should be experienced choral singers with good note-reading ability. Applications should be supported by a statement of your singing experience.